BN309 Computer Forensics
Top Rated Assignment Writing Help in Australia
Tough Assignments, Tight Deadlines & No One to Help?
Take MastersAssignmentHelp.com - The Best Assignment Help Company
100% Plagiarism Free
Never Miss Deadline
24×7 Customer Service
We are the number 1 rated assignment help writing company in Australia and New Zealand. Get help from the most trusted writers online.
Trusted by students across Australia
VALIDATING AND TESTING COMPUTER FORENSICS TOOLS AND EVIDENCE
Objective: The objective of the assignment is using/comparing Computer Forensics Tools for a given case. The assignment require you to acquire data from a USB drive, perform data recovery using different techniques and tools, analyzing it and finally performing the validation of acquired data. In addition, students are required to document all steps in a report, and the report should be formal so that it can be used in a legal proceeding. Marks will be awarded based on the sophistication and in-depth presentation of the techniques explored.
Case Study: Working as a forensic analyst, you have been assigned a case of embezzlement. A 32GB storage drive (for example a USB) is found from the suspect’s office, the USB may have data with digital clues that may be related to the case. The USB contains different types of files for example Doc files, Excel files, a couple of image files, and some text files.
Prepare a report on the following sections related to the case study. The assignment consists of two parts.
In Part A, you will install and compare two Computer Forensics Tools required to complete this report.
- You need to use your own USB to create/delete files as mentioned in the scenario below and perform the digital forensics investigation: 1. You need to create six files of type pdf, excel and word documents, where you need to name these files as follows: YourMITID_BN309_Assignment01.*, where * depends on the file type. In addition, you need to change the attribute of these files to describe the Metadata which holds data such as your name as an author, organization name “MIT”, computer name “based on your terminal name”, date/time created, and comments such as “created for Assignment1 of BN309”
- Modify the extension of one of the doc files to .jpeg.
- Then you need to delete 3 files including the file you have modified its extension, one of each type. Take the screenshot of each step and include these in your final report. Provide the list of references using IEEE referencing style at the end of the report.
In Part B, you will use the feedback from Part A to extend your report further to address the following requirements:
Section 1: Data Acquisition
Prepare a forensic image (bit stream copy) using any two standard tools from Table 1 with the record of data deletion. In the report, you need to include the screenshots of each step. You will need this image to perform consecutive tasks. You need to cover the challenges to and make a successful acquisition what are the relevant format to use and why. Describe steps required for search and seizure. (400 words)
Section 2: Data Recovery
The suspect has deleted three image files from the USB, recover these files and explain the method (with screenshots) and tool you used. (300 words) In addition, recover the data from recycle bin, explain the procedure with screenshots. You need to recover the metadata of these files. (200 words)
Section 3: Data Analysis
Inspect all files in the USB, use a hex editor and analyze if there is any hidden data in these files. Provide screenshots of your analysis. Describe the tools that can be used for analyzing the deleted files, and also describe the benefit(s) for conducting a window registry analysis. (300 words)
Section 4: Data Validation
Explain different methods of data validation and use one of them to validate data on USB. Explain how to verify the file extension if it has been altered using relevant tools. Demonstrate with snapshots the data validation as well as detecting the file extension alteration. (400 words)
This assessment requires you to write a report which includes Part A and Part B. You will perform the following tasks.
- In part A, you will write a report on, i.
- Compare and analyze two Computer Forensics Tools (from Table 1) used in forensic case investigations (the report should discuss similarities and differences with screenshots from the installed tools features and references).
- Discuss what you should consider when determining which data acquisition method to use.
iii. Provide the suitability of computer forensics tools for the given case.
- In Part B: you will extend the report from Part A to include more details using the feedback received. You will also perform 4 demonstration tasks along with data preparation and evidence of your work. Your final report should include:
- Data preparation
- Section I: Data Acquisition
iii. Section II: Data recovery
- Section III: Data Analysis
- Section IV: Data Validation
When you look for online assignment writing help, and you need help with accounting essays or help with account-based reports, you should be very careful because this is not a theory subject, one calculation can make the entire thing go wrong. Some of the major concepts that are discussed in this subject include the preparation of financial statements like ledgers, profit and loss statements, balance sheets,s, and cash flow statements on the basis of trial balance. These financial statements help in analyzing the financial health of an organization or an individual. Other important concepts that are discussed students need help with include break-even analysis, ratios, bank reconciliation statements, etc.
As mentioned above, the most common and trickiest concepts of accounting include profit and loss statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, break-even analyses, and financial ratios. Profit and loss statement is prepared by listing out the sources of income and sources of expenses or loss. The balance amount that remains after deducting the total loss from total profit or vice versa is the net profit or net loss depending upon the financials. A cash flow statement provides you with information related to the total flow of funds in the business organization.
It consists of three main activities on the basis of which various transactions are categories, investing activity, financing activity, and operating activity. After the preparation of the profit and loss account, the balance sheet is prepared, if required. There are two columns in the format of the balance sheet, one side is the asset side and the other side is the liabilities. Under the assets section, you are required to mention all the properties that the organization has which include cash amount, bank amount, land, buildings, machinery, etc.
Under the liabilities side, the first thing that needs to be mentioned is the capital, after that, you can mention the loan amount along with other liabilities that the organization has. Our professional Essay writers and financial analysts perform these tasks daily which makes it easy for them to sole accounting and finance-based case studies quickly. If I want someone to do my assignment for me, I will make sure that it goes to the best assignment writing service that has the best essay writers for hire. When students come to us and say do my assignment for me or need help with an accounting assignment or essay, our response is always “Sure, let’s get on with it”. So, fill the order form without any hesitation, your assignment will be with the best online assignment makers in Australia and the UK.